Aden and I made a Haunted house cake for Halloween instead of cookies. The slanted look was replaced by a backward tilt, but it still looks pretty good. By the following day all the candy corn were missing and Aden was proud to admit that he ate the candy corn- he has no shame.
The cake would not frost the way I wanted it to - it kept crumbing up so I frosted graham crackers and stuck them to the side of the cake and prayed that it would look decent.
This is step one of the Haunted house- not too sure what will come of it. I was planning on making a slanted- distorted house to keep the creepy Halloween theme going.
Aden with this bag of candy after trick or treating. I forgot my camera but it was dark and they wore the same dragon costume that they have been modeling around for the past month. Halloween was fun, earlier today we went to story time at the library where the kids dressed up and listened to Halloween stories and had a parade around the library, then later we went to our ward's trunk or treating- it was nice- short and sweet literally, then we followed up the night by going door to door in some neighborhoods trick or treating. Overall the kids had fun and they ended up having enough candy to last them until Christmas.
Aden gets his tonsils and adenoids out and his ear tubes put back in on Nov 13- here he is showing off his swollen tonsils. I don't think he is understanding what will really happen... I just tell him that we are going to get his throat looked at by a doctor and he will be having Popsicles for a while... once I said Popsicles I lost him there.
The Phone is for you Aden....
Last night Aden was playing with my cell phone, so I called him from the house phone and hid in my closet so he would notice us talking. For about 15 minutes he thought he was talking to Grandma and sang her songs, counted to 20 for her and told her about how he was a dragon for Halloween. He then came into my closet and look at me and looked at the cell phone and said, " I am not talking to Grandma, I 'm talking to Mom- (giggle) Mom you are funny!- this is cool- I am talking to Mom on the phone." I cannot count how many times he just giggled in the phone saying... "I'm talking with mommy on the phone, How cool, this is awesome!"



1 comment:
That cake was so dang cute! Very yummy too.
Sounds like the library was lots of fun. That trunk-or-treat was lots of fun and it was short and sweet. We ended up not going door to door. We went home and made dinner instead because we were all so hungry.
That is so funny about Aden and his phone call. So cute!
By the way, loved the costume tonight! You looked fabulous!
Post a Comment