Sunday, January 11, 2009

Merry Christmas 2008

This story actually begins on Christmas Eve, the 24th when about 9 Pm Aden wakes up to use the restroom and we think nothing of it because this is nightly event were we wakes up goes pee and then goes back to sleep, but his night was different. Aden had some how clogged the toilet to the point where the water was over flowing out of the bowl onto the floor and into the hallway. Normally in this case any person would scream for help, not Aden, he wanted to hide the fact that he flushed too much toilet paper down the drain, and kept trying to flush it until it went down. No Aden didn't scream. I was the first to realize that the toilet water was running for an abnormal amount of time as I walked to the bathroom and I heard the water spilling from the bowl, I knew I was too late. I opened the door to find a frozen scared Aden standing in a pool of water with his pants down. I picked him up and put him in the hallway and yelled for back-up. As I was getting the carpet cleaner, Doug turned off the water and threw every towel in sight on the floor, while my sister, Andrea, was laughing and taking pictures of the whole thing.



This is the amount of water just in the carpet outside the bathroom... Thank heavens for carpet cleaners.


Christmas Morning
Pretty much you know the drill... wake up (early) take one picture in front of the tree with a sign that says the year and then you open your gifts. This year we were a bit disorganized with opening gifts, but we always have next year to perfect that.

This year we were spoiled by everyone... Practically every gift you see were not from Santa or from Mom or Dad they were from Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and friends. Everyone was so generous to us, Thank You.






Mason and Mom playing with is new book... Merry Christmas



Grandma and Aden making an apple pie.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Such cute pictures of you guys! I can't believe your toilet overflowed like that! How funny. I am sure it wasn't funny at the moment. Good thing you have a carpet cleaner on hand. I've got to get me one of those.
Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas!

lrix said...

What a touching Christmas Eve story. Too funny! Looks like you recovered from it all and had a great Christmas. I think your tree was beautiful.

Melyssa said...

What a great idea to take a family picture in front of the tree with a year sign! I will have to start doing that (better late than never) :)