Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy 6 years Douggie Doug!


I know this is very late but I forgot to publish it these This blog is from out anniversary on August 23rd!

For our 6 year anniversary Doug took me for a spin on a Segway.. well actually I rode my own, but you get the drift. We showed up at this bike shop and they had us watch this video for 30 minutes going over all the precautions and procedures on how to safely ride a Segway, then when the video was finished, the sales guy asked it there were any questions, we said no, not sure of what he meant. we sign waivers then he let us go out on our own..... Hold on.... I guess the video was teaching us how to ride a segway. I was now nervous becaseu the video pointed out that there are NO BRAKES and NO GAS button, it accelereaed or stops by how far lean forward or backwards and turning is based on how to bend your knees to the side. We finally got on one and it was very different from what I thought, it never stayed still it was almost like treading water to keep afloat but in my case it was treading to not fall on my face (the video showed a man crushing his skull from falling!) Once we got on them in the paring lot we slowly got the hang of it, then we cruised around a bit so the sales guy knew we would return their "merchandise" unharmed and we loaded them in the truck for a local park.


We Segwayed around the park, going through grass, dirt, water, pathways, and had a lot of fun, I kept my balance pretty good, but Doug got a bit cocky and sped up too fast and almost fell off! We cruised around a neighborhood, went Garage sale shopping, then to be honest, I got bored. Think of it as renting a bike for 4 hours and having no place in particular to go, you just ride around the block for an hour or two and go home, so we went home.

Later that night we went up to West Yellowstone and saw "The Secret Garden" at the Playmill. For those that have not been there, you should go, it is fun and everyone should experience it, but for those that have been there before, stay home, you can get the same singing and acting abilities from your local high school production! But it was perfect spending time with my Doug! Thank for the wonderful day and for the wonderful 6 years! I love you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your Quilts! You go girl! Wahooooooo....you are a cute lady!