Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Just call me Toad Whisperer

This story all started a few weeks back when I was washing out the toad tank. Things went normal, I took out the rocks, heater and toads, cleaned the tank and put everything back in, but I think I filled it was too warm of water becasue when I put this one in, it started swimming around really fast and freaking out, but he had many chances to get up on the rocks so I kept him alone; then a few minutes later, I see him at the bottom of the tank stiff as a board, and think "Oh no," I killed the toad, This is where the story gets good.... I take the toad out put him on a cutting board (no I am not going to disect him) and gave him CPR, Yes CPR, with the spoon that I picked him up with, these toads are poisious and he was already covered with a milky slime and I didn't want to get a rash so I used a spoon to give him compressions, it took about 2 minutes then he coughed up water and started breathing. I put him back in the tank and gave him a cricket and he seemed to be fine, then 2 weeks later I find him floating, stiff as a board and I wasn't going to save his life this time, I felt he had gone through enough the first round. So it was nice having you as a pet and we will miss you!

5 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

That's so sad...but also alittle funny! I can't believe you tried to bring him back the first time- you must have loved him so much-hahahaha!

lrix said...

Keep buying toads. I am enjoying all of your funny stories they keep providing!

Nicole said...

You should toadally offer a class in Amphibian CPR! Surely you're not the first mama to try to revive a pet that has croaked. (Okay, no more puns. I promise.)

Unknown said...

You are so FUNNY...and fun. Loved reading on your blog for a bit and stealing some of your songs for my soundtrack...See ya around the block, lady!

Lorna said...

Oh Katie! Seriously???? I don't even know what to say about this! Oh yes I do...SICK! And it had better not be the cutting board I gave you!!!!!!